Aftercare Instructions (7-14 Days)
- Wash the treated area twice daily (morning and night), with a gentle cleanser (ex. Baby soap, cetaphil). This will help to remove bacteria. Cleanse with a very light touch using your fingertips.
- Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with lukewarm water to ensure that all soap is washed away.
- To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. Do not use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, AHA) or exfoliants.
- After cleansing the area apply a small amount of your aftercare product 3 times a day with a cotton swab. The product should be a nice, nice thin layer.
- Never apply the product on a wet or damp tattoo.
- Use a fresh pillow case while you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking at the area can cause scarring or loss of pigment.
- No facials, botox, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, intense exercising for 72 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning beds for 2 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outside.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- When showering, keep you face/procedure area out of the water.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days.
- Avoid topical makeup or sunscreen on the area for 14 days.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the area.
- No waxing the area for 14 days.
- Drink plenty of water following your procedure.
- If you experience any burning or fever following your procedure, please contact your healthcare provider.
Reminder: Permanent Makeup is a layering process and may require 1-2 touch ups before the process is considered to be complete. During the healing stage of your first application your tattoo may fade up to 30 percent. This is why touch ups are necessary.
Weld County Health Dept.: (970) 340-6415
Facility Address: The Looking Glass: 671 Mitchell Way Suite 210 Erie, CO 80516